The other states are so far ahead of Louisiana when it comes to providing Online Legal Self-Help.
Take for example, Nebraska. I was answering a question for someone from Nebraska about obtaining Legal Aide for the enforcement of visitation orders.
A quick google search took me to the Nebraska Online Legal Self-Help Center – a site maintained by the Nebraska Supreme Court.
They have a section specific for Family and Children issues.
In that section, for the Enforcement of Visitation, they have a number of court forms with instructions for how to complete them. Here is that section of the page.
Enforcement of Visitation Order(s)
These instructions and forms are a product of the Nebraska Supreme Court Implementation Committee on Pro Se Litigation and are provided as a public service to people who want to do their own divorce cases. The Supreme Court does not represent that these instructions and forms will be appropriate in your case. Any questions you may have regarding the use of the instructions and forms should be directed to a lawyer. Although these instructions and forms were developed to assist people who want to do their own cases, the Supreme Court’s Implementation Committee on Pro Se Litigation urges everyone thinking of doing their own case to consider getting a lawyer to help.
- Affidavit and Application for Order to Show Cause (Visitation)
- Instructions for Filling Out the Affidavit and Application for Order to Show Cause (Visitation)
- Order to Show Cause (Visitation)
- Instructions for Filling Out the Order to Show Cause (Visitation)
- Praecipe for Personal Service
- Instructions for Filling Out the Praecipe (Visitation)
- In Forma Pauperis Forms and Instructions, DC 6:5(34) through DC 6:5(36a)
- Instructions for your Enforcement Hearing (Contempt Hearing – Visitation)
- Proposed Order (Visitation)
- Instructions for Filling Out Proposed Order (Visitation)
- Affidavit and Motion for Bench warrant and Commitment to Issue
- Instructions for Filling Out Affidavit and Motion for Bench Warrant and Commitment to Issue
- Bench Warrant
- Instructions for Filling Out Bench Warrant
WOW. Forms on how to enforce the visitation and instructions on how to complete the forms.
You can’t find that in Louisiana. Continue reading